Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Animu?

I have neglected anime for a while now, but I feel as if I should post an article about it. In particular, I will be talking about K-On! and its cleverly named second season K-On!!.
 
3....2....1...
       

     K-On! is an anime based on four (eventually five) high school girls who perform light music, the literal translation of K-on, band. As expected, it's driven by the girls' music. There is not much else to the show, to be honest. There is some comedy, but the jokes are far apart. Of course, people aren't watching this to laugh: they're watching it to look at cute things and hear cute music. This is where K-On! and K-On!! ultimately succeed. Its animation style and music really deliver, and by "really deliver," I mean it is incredibly adorable. It's clear that the creators were greatly influenced  by Japanese music as the characters of the show are all named after members of Japanese bands like the The Pillows. Don't dismiss this is as the musings of an otaku (please haha), it's true. K-On!'s music has no real substance, but it's nice to hear, much like the rest of the show.




     It's good that the show doesn't take it self completely seriously; if it did, then there would be a problem. To wrap things up, K-On! and K-On!! are fun to watch, but not an appropriate choice for someone looking for a deep, intellectual show. It's lighthearted, mindless fun.

14 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed it when I watched it, I must get back to finishing it sometime, thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there are many slice of life anime at all for someone looking for intellectual shows. Actually how does one even come across K-on! if that's their interest.

    Anyways I love this show. It is by far one of my favorites. I am a sucker for moe blob cute anime though. I also really like the music. I can not wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx, nice article, you are doing great

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah if anyone know where to get the full lot r/share or something let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your name, again?

    Are you a boy or a girl?

    ...Just kidding. I've always had a soft spot for anime. Great stuff, man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I use to not really watch anime either, but its really a great genre to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the first season and it was pretty good. I might check out the second one soon, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm everyone is giving great recommendation, maybe im going to take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get K-ON! and Haruhi Suzumiya confused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great at first, but it starts to get a little... boring? maybe, well, it was not an anime that I sticked to, did not see all episodes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...